COVID-19 changes at the event
We are committed to providing the safest possible event environment for our participants, volunteers, staff and officials.
COVID-19 has substantially changed the global sports landscape and impacted on the mass participation industry. We continued to work with local authorities and Triathlon Australia Smart Racing Guidelines to provide participants with the safest event experience.
We will continue to update our participants if there is any changes as we get closer to each events.
Thank you for your continued support, and we wish you the best in health and wellness.
In the lead up to the event we encourage the following:
- Do not attend if feeling unwell, non-essential spectators advised not to attend
- Use hand sanitiser prior to entering transition
- Practice social distancing at all times while at the event
- Keep cough covered
- Do not share equipment
- All competitors and volunteers are encouraged to download the COVIDSafe app
- Competitors encouraged to “turn up, race, go home”
Safe Event Experience
In order to provide the safest experience for our participants, we are implementing the following at our events:
‘Arrive, Compete, Leave’
- Pre Event
- Feeling unwell or have Cold or Flu-like Symptoms? Attended a DHHS Exposure Site? Follow the health advice regarding testing and isolating; https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/case-locations-and-outbreaks-covid-19
- Attending the event? Make sure you are a registered participant, parent, guardian or teacher of a minor and completed the QR code check-in. Unfortunately, we are discouraging spectators from the event to limit the number of people at the event.
- Keep 1.5m distance from others in all settings and sanitize hands regularly.
- Masks are to be worn on Arrival and Departure from the event and in common areas while not racing.
- Masks are not required when racing or moving from your bike rack to the start line, during racing, and from the finish to bike check-out.
- Rolling Wave Starts will be conducted to spread participant densities, these will be published in Race Week Information.
- To enable prompt exit from the event, bikes are able to be collected straight after finishing, from managed transition access points.
Outlined below are the options for your entry:
- Postponement: Registered participants for events that are postponed due to COVID-19 by the local health authorities are automatically transferred to the rescheduled date. For those that are unable to attend a postponed date, deferrals to future events as part of the 2021 or 2021/22 Series are possible
- Cancellation: Individual Race Entrants of events that are canceled due to COVID-19 by the local health authorities will have the options of either; Transfer to another race within the series, or Refund of your Registration Fees minus an administration fee of 20%. Full Series Race Entrants will have to await the passing of the entire summer season to be provided their options, depending on how many events have been hosted as part of the 2021 Series. Please note, merchant booking fees on the online transaction are non-refundable.